英国古典文学吧 关注:483贴子:46,243

回复:失踪的中卫 归来记 英 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

只看楼主收藏回复

“亲爱的朋友,别为我担心。
"My dear friend, don't worry about me.
在这种紧急时刻使用兴奋剂不能算做吸毒,反倒是解破这个谜的关键。
The use of stimulants in such an emergency can't be regarded as drug abuse, but is the key to solving the mystery.
我的希望完全寄托在这一针兴奋剂上。
My hope is completely pinned on this injection of stimulants.
我刚刚去侦查了一番,一切全很顺利。
I just went to investigate and everything is going well.
华生,好好吃顿早饭,我们今天要追踪阿姆斯昌大夫。
Watson, have a good breakfast, and we will track down Dr. Amschang today.
我一跟上他,不追到他的老窝,我是不想吃饭休息的。”
As soon as I follow him, I don't want to eat and rest until I catch up with him."


IP属地:天津76楼2023-02-26 17:20
回复
    我和福尔摩斯下了楼,来到马厩的院子里,他打开马房门,放出一条猎狗。
    Holmes and I went downstairs to the yard of the stable, he opened the door of the stable and released a hound.
    这条狗又矮又肥,耳朵下垂,黄白相间,既象小猎兔犬又象猎狐犬。
    The dog is short and fat, with drooping ears and alternating yellow and white, it looks like a beagle and a foxhound.
    他说:“请你和庞倍互相认识一下。
    He said, "please get to know each other with Pompei.
    庞倍是当地最著名的追踪猎犬,它跑得非常快,而且是个顽强的追踪者。
    Pompei is the most famous local tracking hound. He runs very fast and is a tenacious tracker.
    庞倍,你不要跑得太快。
    Pompei, don't run too fast.
    我怕我们俩人赶不上你,所以只好给你的脖子套上皮带。
    I'm afraid we can't catch up with you, so we have to put a belt around your neck.
    好,庞倍,去吧,今天就看你的了。”
    OK, Pompei, go, it's up to you today."


    IP属地:天津77楼2023-02-26 18:15
    回复
      2025-06-12 07:53:05
      广告
      福尔摩斯把狗领到对面大夫家门前。
      olmes led the dog to the doctor's door opposite.
      狗到处嗅了一会儿,然后一声尖叫便向大街跑去,我们拉着皮带尽力朝前跑。
      H The dog sniffed around for a while, then ran to the street with a scream, we pulled the belt and tried to run forward.
      半小时后,我们已经出了城,飞跑在乡村的大路上。
      Half an hour later, we were out of the city and running on the country road.
      我问:“福尔摩斯,你打算怎么办?”
      I asked, "Holmes, what are you going to do?"


      IP属地:天津78楼2023-02-26 18:47
      回复
        “这是个老办法,不过有时很有用。
        "This is an old method, but sometimes it is very useful.
        我今天清早到了大夫的庭院里,在马车后轮上洒了一针管的茴香子油,一头猎犬闻到茴香子气味会从那儿一直追到天涯海角,他要想摆脱掉庞倍是不可能的!
        I went to the doctor's yard early this morning and sprinkled a needle of fennel seed oil on the rear wheel of the carriage, a hound smelled the smell of fennel seed and would chase from there to the ends of the world, it is impossible for him to take off Pompey!
        这大夫真狡猾!
        The doctor is so cunning!
        前天晚上他就是把车驾到乡村后面甩开了我。”
        The night before yesterday, he drove his car to the back of the country and threw me away."


        IP属地:天津79楼2023-02-26 19:32
        回复
          狗突然从大路转到一条长满野草的小径上,我们走了半英里,来到另一条宽阔的大路上。
          The dog suddenly turned from the road to a path full of weeds, and we walked half a mile to another broad road.
          从这儿向右转弯便通往城里。
          Turn right from here to the city.
          大路向城南转去,向北转就会回到我们出发的地方。
          Turn the road south of the city, and turn north to return to the place where we started.


          IP属地:天津80楼2023-02-26 20:08
          回复
            福尔摩斯说:“这个迂回对于我们是有好处的!
            Holmes said, " this detour is good for us!
            难怪向村子里的人打听不出来什么。
            No wonder we can't find out anything from the people in the village.
            大夫的这个把戏耍得很好,可是我想要知道他为什么设了这样一个精心的骗局。
            The doctor's trick is very good, but I want to know why he set up such an elaborate trick.
            我们的右面一定是川平顿村了。
            Our right must be Chuanpington Village.
            呀!马车就要拐过来了!
            Ah! The carriage is about to turn!
            华生,快,快,不然我们就要被发现了!”
            Watson, hurry, hurry, or we will be found!"


            IP属地:天津81楼2023-02-26 21:07
            回复
              福尔摩斯拉着不听话的庞倍跳进一座篱笆门,我也随着进去。
              Holmes pulled the disobedient Pompey into a fence door, and I followed him in.
              我们刚刚躲到篱笆下面,马车便咕隆咕隆地驶过去了。
              As soon as we hid under the fence, the carriage rumbled past.
              我看见阿姆斯昌大夫在车里面,他的两肩向前拱着,两手托着头,带着很沮丧的样子。
              I saw Dr. Amschang in the car, his shoulders arched forward, his head held in his hands, and he looked very depressed.
              从福尔摩斯那严肃的神情上可以知道他也看见了。
              Holmes saw it from his serious look.
              他说:“我怕我们会发现不幸的事情。
              He said, "I'm afraid we will find something unfortunate.
              我们很快便会弄明白,庞倍,来!
              We will soon understand, Pompey, come!
              到田野里的那间茅屋去!”
              Go to the hut in the field!"


              IP属地:天津82楼2023-02-26 21:48
              回复
                显然,我们的旅程已经到了终点。
                Obviously, our journey has reached the end.
                庞倍在茅屋的门外,跑来跑去,并且使劲地叫,在这儿可以看见马车车轮的痕迹。
                Pompey was outside the hut, running and shouting, where he could see the tracks of the wagon wheels.
                有一条小道通向这座孤零零的农舍。
                There is a path leading to the lonely farmhouse.
                福尔摩斯把狗拴在篱笆上,我们来到屋门前。
                Holmes tied the dog to the fence and we came to the door.
                他敲了敲简陋的屋门,许久没有人回话。
                He knocked on the door of the simple house, and no one answered for a long time.
                可是屋子里并不是没有人居住,因为我们听到里面有低沉的声音,似是一种痛苦的悲泣声,使人感到非常悲伤。
                However, there was no one living in the house, because we heard a deep voice inside, which seemed to be a kind of sad cry, which made people feel very sad.
                福尔摩斯迟疑了一下,然后回头看看刚才穿过的大路。
                Holmes hesitated for a moment, then looked back at the road he had just crossed.
                一辆四轮马车正在大路上行驶着,还有一对灰色马,正是大夫的马车。
                A four-wheeled carriage was driving along the road, and a pair of gray horses were the doctor's carriage.


                IP属地:天津83楼2023-02-26 22:21
                回复
                  2025-06-12 07:47:05
                  广告
                  福尔摩斯喊道:“大夫又回来了。
                  Holmes shouted, "the doctor is back again.
                  这回问题可以解决了,我们一定要在他来之前,看看是怎么一回事。”
                  This problem can be solved, we must see what happened before he came."
                  他推开了门,我们走进门道。
                  He opened the door and we entered the doorway.
                  低沉的声音显得大了一些,后来变成如譬如诉的呜咽。
                  The low voice seemed a little louder, and then turned into a sob like a complaint.
                  声音来自楼上。
                  The sound comes from upstairs.
                  福尔摩斯急忙走上去,我在后面跟着。
                  Holmes hurried up, and I followed him.
                  他推开一扇半掩的门,眼前出现的景象使我们异常吃惊。
                  He pushed open a half-closed door, and the sight before him surprised us.


                  IP属地:天津84楼2023-02-26 22:50
                  回复
                    一位年轻而又美丽的妇女死在床上。
                    A young and beautiful woman died in bed.
                    她的面容宁静而苍白,一双无神的蓝眼睛透过乱蓬蓬的金色头发向上瞪着。
                    Her face was calm and pale, and a pair of blank blue eyes stared upward through her fluffy golden hair.
                    一个青年男子在床上半坐半跪,他的脸埋在床单里,哭得浑身颤抖。
                    A young man sat half on the bed and half knelt, his face buried in the bed sheet, and he was trembling with tears.
                    他完全沉浸在悲伤之中,福尔摩斯的手搭在他的肩膀上之后,他才抬起头来。
                    He was completely immersed in grief, after Holmes put his hand on his shoulder, he looked up.
                    “你是高夫利·斯道顿先生吗?”
                    "Are you Mr. Godfrey Storton?"
                    “是的,是我,可是你太晚了。
                    "Yes, it's me, but you're too late.
                    她已经死了。”
                    She's dead."


                    IP属地:天津85楼2023-02-26 23:37
                    回复
                      这个青年悲痛得心神迷乱,没有明白我们根本不是来看病的大夫。
                      The young man was so distraught with grief that he did not understand that we were not the doctors who came to see the doctor.
                      福尔摩斯正要说几句安慰的话,并且说明我们的来历,这时,楼梯上传来了脚步声,阿姆斯昌大夫出现在门旁,他脸上交织着沉痛、严峻和质问的神情。
                      Holmes was about to say a few words of comfort and explain our origin when footsteps came from the stairs and Dr. Armstrong appeared at the door, his face interwoven with a look of pain, severity and questioning.
                      他说:“先生们,你们终于达到了目的,并且在这样特别不幸的时刻来打搅我们。
                      He said, "Gentlemen, you have finally achieved your goal and come to disturb us at such a particularly unfortunate time.
                      我不能在死者面前大吵大嚷,但是我可以告诉你们,如果我年轻一点,我绝不会饶过你们这种恶劣的行为。”
                      I can't shout in front of the dead, but I can tell you that if I were younger, I would never forgive you for such bad behavior."


                      IP属地:天津86楼2023-03-04 11:17
                      回复
                        我的朋友十分庄重地说:“阿姆斯昌大夫,请原谅。
                        My friend said very solemnly, " excuse me, Dr. Amschang.
                        我想我们彼此有点误解。
                        I think we have some misunderstanding.
                        最好请你下楼来,我们可以互相谈谈这件不幸的事情。”
                        It's better to ask you to come downstairs, and we can talk about this unfortunate thing with each other."
                        一会儿,这位严厉的大夫随我们来到楼下的起居室。
                        After a while, the strict doctor followed us to the living room downstairs.
                        他说:“先生,说吧!”
                        He said, "come on, sir!"


                        IP属地:天津87楼2023-03-04 11:47
                        回复
                          “首先,我希望你能理解,我没有受蒙特·詹姆士爵士的委托,而且在这件事上我是反对这位贵族的。
                          "First of all, I hope you can understand that I have not been entrusted by Sir Mont James, and I am against this aristocrat in this matter.
                          一个人失踪了,我的责任是弄清他的下落。
                          A person is missing, and my responsibility is to find out his whereabouts.
                          但是一开始侦查,事情超出了我的范围,既然不存在犯罪的问题,我们也就很愿意使流言平息下去而不是扩散。
                          t at the beginning of the investigation, the matter is beyond my scope, since there is no crime problem, we are also willing to make the rumor subside rather than spread.
                          既然这件事没有违法的地方,请相信我会守口如瓶,并且不使新闻界知道。”
                          Bu Since there is no illegal place in this matter, please believe that I will keep my mouth Such as bottle, and not let the press know. "
                          阿姆斯昌大夫迅速向前走了几步,握住福尔摩斯的手。
                          Dr. Armstrong took a few quick steps forward and took Holmes' hand.


                          IP属地:天津88楼2023-03-04 12:07
                          回复
                            他说:“你是一个好人。
                            He said, "you are a good man.
                            我错怪了你。
                            I have wronged you.
                            既然你已经知道了这些情况,问题便好解释了。
                            Now that you know these things, it's easy to explain the problem.
                            一年以前斯道顿在伦敦住了一个时期,对于房东的女儿产生了强烈的爱情,并且娶了她。
                            A year ago, Storton lived in London for a period of time, he had a strong love for the landlord's daughter and married her.
                            她聪明、善良、而且美丽。
                            She is smart, kind and beautiful.
                            谁有这样的妻子都会感到幸福。
                            Anyone who has such a wife will feel happy.
                            可是高夫利是那个脾气乖戾的贵族的继承人,如果结婚的消息传到他那儿,高夫利一定会失掉继承权。
                            However, Govley is the heir of the grumpy aristocrat, if the news of marriage reaches him, Govley will lose his inheritance.
                            我十分了解这个青年人,他有许多优点,我很喜欢他。
                            I know this young man very well, he has many advantages. I like him very much.
                            所以,我尽我的力量帮助他,不使他失去继承权。
                            Therefore, I will do my best to help him and not let him lose his inheritance.
                            我们尽量不让外人知道这件事,因为只要有一个人知道,很快地便会人人都知道。
                            We try not to let outsiders know this, because as long as one person knows it, everyone will soon know it.
                            由于这所农舍很偏僻,而且斯道顿很谨慎,所以到现在还没有外人知道这件事。
                            Because the farmhouse is very remote and Storton is very cautious, no one outside has known about it yet.
                            他们的秘密只有我和一个忠实的仆人知道。
                            Their secret is only known to me and a loyal servant.


                            IP属地:天津89楼2023-03-04 12:48
                            回复
                              2025-06-12 07:41:05
                              广告
                              这个仆人到川平顿办事去了。
                              The servant has gone to Chuanpington on business.
                              但是他的妻子很不幸,得了重病,一种很厉害的肺病。
                              But his wife was very unfortunate and had a serious illness, a severe lung disease.
                              可怜的斯道顿愁得要疯了,可是他还得要去伦敦参加比赛,因为不去就需要说明理由,这样便会暴露他的秘密。
                              Poor Storton was worried to death, but he still had to go to London to participate in the competition, because if he didn't go, he would have to explain the reason, which would expose his secret.
                              我发电报安慰他,他回电请我尽力帮忙。
                              I sent a telegram to comfort him, and he called back to ask me to do my best to help.
                              这就是那封电报。
                              This is the telegram.
                              这封电报不知怎的竟会被你看到了,我没告诉他病情有多么危急,因为他在这儿也帮不上忙。
                              This telegram was somehow seen by you, I didn't tell him how critical his condition was, because he couldn't help here.
                              但是我把真实病情告诉了病人的父亲,而她父亲不会办事,去告诉了斯道顿。
                              But I told the patient's father the truth of his illness, and her father couldn't do anything and went to tell Storton.
                              结果是,他象发了疯似地径直离开那里,回来跪在他妻子的床前,一直不动,直到今天上午,死亡结束了他妻子的痛苦。
                              As a result, he went straight away like mad, came back and knelt in front of his wife's bed, and did not move until this morning, death ended his wife's pain.
                              福尔摩斯先生,这是全部情况,我相信你和你的朋友全是言语谨慎的。”
                              Mr. Holmes, this is the whole situation, I believe you and your friends are all cautious in their words. "


                              IP属地:天津90楼2023-03-04 13:43
                              回复