英国古典文学吧 关注:482贴子:46,243

回复:失踪的中卫 归来记 英 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

只看楼主收藏回复

你没有跟着马车去看看吗?”
Didn't you follow the carriage to have a look? "


IP属地:天津61楼2023-02-26 10:45
回复
    “好极了,华生!
    "Great, Watson!
    你和我的想法不谋而合。
    You and I have the same idea.
    你一定注意到了,紧挨着我们的旅店有一家自行车铺。
    You must have noticed that there is a bicycle shop next to our hotel.
    我赶快进了自行车铺,租了一辆自行车,幸好马车还没有走远,我拼命用力气,赶上了马车,始终和它保持着约一百码的距离。
    I hurried into the bicycle shop and rented a bicycle, fortunately, the carriage had not gone far, I tried my best to catch up with the carriage and kept about a hundred yards away from it.
    我跟着马车的灯光,一直出了城。
    I followed the light of the carriage and went out of the city.
    在乡村的大路上又走了很长一段,这时发生了一件使我尴尬的事。
    After a long walk on the main road in the country, something embarrassing happened to me.
    马车突然停住,大夫下了车,他很快地回身走到我停住的地方,并且用讥讽的口吻对我说,他怕道路太窄,会妨碍我的自行车通过。
    The carriage stopped suddenly, and the doctor got off, he quickly turned back and walked to the place where I stopped, and said to me in a sarcastic tone that he was afraid that the road was too narrow, which would hinder my bicycle from passing.
    他的话说得很巧妙。
    His words are very clever.
    我只好超过马车,在大路上又骑了几英里,然后在一个方便的地方停下来,看看马车是否已经不见了。
    I had to overtake the carriage, ride a few more miles on the road, and then stop at a convenient place to see if the carriage had disappeared.
    果然马车已经毫无踪影,显然已经拐到我刚才看见的岔路上去了。我往回骑,但还是没有看见马车。现在你看,马车是在我回来之后才到的。当然,本来我没有特别的理由把高夫利的失踪和阿姆斯昌的外出联系起来,侦查阿姆斯昌的外出,只是认为和他有关的事,都值得我们注意。现在我发现他小心提防着是否有人跟踪他,那么他的外出一定很重要。
    弄不清这件事,我是不会安心的。”
    If I don't know this, I won't be relieved. "


    IP属地:天津62楼2023-02-26 11:27
    回复
      2025-06-11 19:58:06
      广告
      “我们明天继续跟踪他。”
      "We will continue to follow him tomorrow."


      IP属地:天津63楼2023-02-26 11:41
      回复
        “我们两人去?
        "Are we going together?
        事情不是象你想的那样容易。
        Things are not as easy as you think.
        你不熟悉剑桥郡的地理情况吧?
        You are not familiar with the geography of Cambridge County?
        这里不容易躲藏。
        It is not easy to hide here.
        我今天晚上走过的乡村全都很平坦,很整洁,而且我们所跟踪的人,绝不是一个傻子,他今天晚上已经表现得很充分。
        The countryside I have walked through tonight is flat and tidy, and the person we followed is by no means a fool, he has behaved very well this evening.
        我给欧沃顿拍了电报,要他往这里回电,告诉我们伦敦有没有新情况。
        I sent a telegram to Orwharton, asking him to call back here and tell us whether there is any new situation in London.
        同时,我们专心注意阿姆斯昌,这个人是邮局的那位好心肠的妇女使我从存根上知道的。
        At the same time, we pay attention to it I know it from the stub by the kind-hearted woman in the post office.
        我敢发誓,他一定知道斯道顿在哪里。
        I swear, he must know where Storton is.
        如果只有他知道,而我们不能设法去弄明白,那就是我们自己的过错。
        If only he knows, and we can't try to understand, it's our own fault.
        眼下必须承认决定胜负的关键的牌还在他的手中。
        At the moment, we must admit that the key card to win or lose is still in his hands.
        华生,你是了解的,我办事不习惯半途而废。”
        Watson, you know, I'm not used to doing things halfway. "


        IP属地:天津64楼2023-02-26 12:07
        回复
          第二天,我们仍然无法解开这个谜,事情毫无进展。
          The next day, we were still unable to solve the mystery, and there was no progress.
          早饭后有人送来一封信,福尔摩斯看过以后,微微笑了笑,把信递给了我。
          After breakfast, someone sent a letter, after reading it, Holmes smiled and handed it to me.


          IP属地:天津65楼2023-02-26 12:30
          回复
            先生:
            sir:
            可以肯定,你们跟踪我是白白浪费时间。
            I'm sure you're wasting your time following me.
            你昨天晚上已经发现,我的四轮马车后面有个窗户,所以如果你愿意来回走二十里,那就请便吧。
            You found a window behind my carriage last night, so if you are willing to go back and forth for twenty miles, please do it.
            同时我可以告诉你,你窥伺我,这对于高夫利·斯道顿先生不会有什么好处。
            At the same time, I can tell you that you are snooping on me, which will not do any good to Mr. Godfrey Storton.
            如果你想帮助他,最好还是回到伦敦去,向你的当事人说,你不能找到他。
            If you want to help him, you'd better go back to London and tell your client that you can't find him.
            你在剑桥的时间是要白白浪费掉的。
            Your time in Cambridge will be wasted.


            IP属地:天津66楼2023-02-26 12:40
            回复
              福尔摩斯说:“这位大夫是个坦率的、直言不讳的对手。
              Holmes said, "the doctor is a frank and outspoken opponent.
              他倒引起了我的好奇心,我一定要弄清再走。”
              He has aroused my curiosity, I must find out before leaving."


              IP属地:天津67楼2023-02-26 12:41
              回复
                我说:“他的马车现在就在他门前,他正要上车。
                I said, " his carriage is in front of his door now, and he is about to get on.
                我看见他又往上看了看我们的窗户。
                I saw him look up at our window again.
                让我汽车去试试能不能侦查清楚,你看怎么样?”
                Let me go and see if I can detect it clearly, what do you think?"


                IP属地:天津68楼2023-02-26 13:06
                回复
                  2025-06-11 19:52:06
                  广告
                  “你不要去,亲爱的华生,不要去。
                  "Don't go, dear Watson, don't go.
                  尽管你很聪明机智,恐怕你不是这个大夫的对手。
                  Although you are very clever, I'm afraid you are not the doctor's opponent.
                  我想我单独去试探试探或许能够成功。
                  I think I can try and try alone.
                  你自己在城内随便走走。
                  You can walk around the city by yourself.
                  如果在寂静的乡村出现两个探头探脑的陌生人,一定会引起对我们不利的谣言。
                  If there are two probing strangers in the quiet countryside, it will cause rumors against us.
                  这个著名的城市有一些名胜古迹,你可以去游览游览。
                  There are some places of interest in this famous city, you can visit it.
                  我希望傍晚能够给你带回来好消息。”
                  I hope you can give them in the evening you bring back good news. "


                  IP属地:天津69楼2023-02-26 13:34
                  回复
                    然而我的朋友又一次失败了。
                    However, my friend failed again.
                    他在深夜又疲劳又失望地回到旅馆。
                    He returned to the hotel late at night tired and disappointed.
                    “华生,我今天又白跑了。
                    "Watson, I ran for nothing again today.
                    已经知道大夫去的大致方向,我就在那一带村庄里等候他,我和当地的客栈老板及卖报纸的人们谈了许久。
                    I already knew the general direction of the doctor's journey, I waited for him in the village around there, I talked with the local innkeeper and the newspaper sellers for a long time.
                    我去了不少地方,契斯特顿、希斯顿、瓦特比契和欧金顿我都去了,可是大失所望。
                    I went to many places, including Chesterton, Heston, Watt Beech and Eukington, but I was disappointed.
                    在这样平静的地方天天出现两骑马拉的四轮马车,是不会被人忽视的。
                    In such a quiet place, there are two horse-drawn four-wheeled carriages every day, which will not be ignored.
                    这一次大夫又胜利了。
                    This time the doctor Victory.
                    有我的电报吗?”
                    Is there a telegram for me? "


                    IP属地:天津70楼2023-02-26 14:02
                    回复
                      “有,我拆开了。
                      "Yes, I opened it.
                      这样写的:
                      It is written as follows:
                      '向三一学院的吉瑞姆·狄克逊要庞倍。'
                      'Ask Jim Dixon of Trinity College for Pompey.'
                      我看不懂这份电报。”
                      I can't understand this telegram. "


                      IP属地:天津71楼2023-02-26 14:16
                      回复
                        “电报写得很清楚,是我们的朋友欧沃顿拍来的,他回答了我提出的一个问题。
                        "The telegram was clearly written, it was sent by our friend Orwharton, who answered a question I raised.
                        我只要给狄克逊先生写封信,事情一定会好转。
                        I just need to write a letter to Mr. Dixon, and things will be better.
                        顺便问你一下,比赛的事有什么消息吗?”
                        By the way, do you have any news about the game?"
                        “本地的晚报今天有详细报道。
                        "The local evening paper reported in detail today.
                        有一场牛津赢了一分,有两场打平。
                        Oxford won one point and drew two games.


                        IP属地:天津72楼2023-02-26 14:20
                        回复
                          '穿淡蓝色运动衣的球队之所以失利,完全是因为世界第一流的运动员,国际比赛的参加者斯道顿未能出场,大大削弱了全队的实力,前卫线上协作不够,进攻和防守也很薄弱。'”
                          'The reason why the team wearing the light blue sportswear lost was that the world's top athletes, the international competition participant Staunton, failed to play, which greatly weakened the strength of the whole team, the avant-garde online cooperation was not enough, and the attack and defense were also weak.' "


                          IP属地:天津73楼2023-02-26 14:21
                          回复
                            福尔摩斯:“欧沃斯的预言被证实了。
                            Holmes: " the prediction of Owens has been confirmed.
                            就我个人来说,我和阿姆斯昌的想法一样,橄榄球不是我份内的事。
                            Personally, I think that football is not my job, just like Armstrong's.
                            华生,我们今天要早睡,我敢断定,明天事情一定很多。”
                            Watson, we have to go to bed early today, I'm sure there will be a lot of things tomorrow."


                            IP属地:天津74楼2023-02-26 14:55
                            回复
                              2025-06-11 19:46:06
                              广告
                              第二天早晨我看到福尔摩斯坐在火炉旁,手里拿着皮下注射的针管,我大吃一惊。
                              The next morning I saw Holmes sitting by the fire with a hypodermic needle in his hand. I was surprised.
                              一看到兴奋剂我便想到他的体质很差,担心发生什么事。
                              At the sight of stimulants, I thought of his poor physique and worried about what would happen.
                              他看到我惊愕的样子,禁不住笑了,把针管放到了桌子上。
                              He couldn't help laughing at my astonishment and put the needle on the table.


                              IP属地:天津75楼2023-02-26 15:21
                              回复