When he knocked on my door and entered the room,
当他敲开我的房间,
my trembling subsided in his sure embrace.
我的战栗在他的坚定拥抱中平息,
He would be my first man and with a careful hand,
他将是我的第一个男人,
He wiped at the tears that ran down my face……
他用手轻轻擦去我脸上滑落的泪水……”
莫尔不自觉地随着曲调哼了起来,那年爱德华生病,他就是这样安抚他的,哼声戛然而止。
“On the first day I saw her I knew she was the one,
第一眼见面,我就知道她是我苦苦寻觅的那个人
as she stared in my eyes and smiled,
她凝视着我的双眼微笑,
for her lips were the color of the roses,
她的嘴唇是玫瑰的色泽
That grew down the river all bloody and wild….
那些沿着河岸生长的,血红的野玫瑰.”
我们,大概回不去了吧,爱尔。莫尔将脸埋在自己的手掌里,他微微颤抖,啜泣着。红发黯然无光。
“On the second day he came with a single red rose,
第二天他带来一支红玫瑰,
said will you give me your loss and your sorrow,
说你是否愿意把你的失落和悲伤交给我,
I nodded my head as I laid on the bed,
我点点头,在床上躺下,
he said if I show you the roses will you follow…
他说如果我带你去看那些野玫瑰,你是否愿意跟随我……”
他伸出手,想要抓住那些渺茫回不去的过去。我们的爱情随着野玫瑰一同葬进了坟墓里,不复存在。坟墓终有被打开的那一天,玫瑰终有盛开的那一天,那么爱呢?或许早已随着命运之钟不复存在了……我亲手埋葬了我们的爱情。
“On the last day I took her where the wild roses grow,
最后一天,我带她来到了