Let me live out my years in heat of blood!
让我在热血沸腾中度此一生!
Let me die drunken with the dreamer’s wine!
让我在梦想家的醇酒里醉沉!
Let me not see this soul-house built of mud
莫让我眼见着泥塑的肉身
go toppling to the dusk --- a vacant shrine.
终以腐朽毁与泥尘。
Let me go quickly, like a candle light
让我如烛火烨烨
snuffed out just at the heyday of its glow.
在最耀眼时熄灭。
Give me high noon --- and let it then be night!
给我正午——随即暗夜!
Thus would I go.
这就是我所愿
And grant that when I face the grisly Thing,
见证我面对可怖的造物
My song may trumpet down the gray Perhaps.
我的歌会吹散一切猜疑的阴晦
Let me be as a tune-swept fiddle string
让我做一把最完美的提琴
that feels the Master Melody --- and snaps!
与最伟大的琴手共舞——然后崩毁!